I've grown increasingly cynical about blogs ever since I first heard of them. Mostly because the only blogs I've ever tried to follow are written by people close to me, and it's difficult to be captivated reading information for which you could just as easily (and more rewardingly) make a phonecall. Another blog grievance I couldn't have known without maintaining a blog is that people like me are a real nuisance to bloggers--we won't read the blog because we want the news from the horse's mouth in order to feel actively engaged in the blogger's life. A genuine sentiment, but it somewhat dampens the enthusiasm for the blogging process since the blogger feels no one is reading at all.
So The Real Challenge for bloggers is to write engaging and un-cryptic material for new readers, extra-conversational material for current friends and family, and material that isn't soul-killing to the writer herself--all in one breath. I hope whoever's reading this appreciates the arduous extremes implicit in this task. On the other hand, I have no choice, since not only am I bored with writing blogs, I wouldn't even be interested in reading my blog. A desperate and symbiotic vortex...
Here, then, is the beginning of creating blogs I would have a remote interest in viewing...
No comments:
Post a Comment