In the middle of Nowhere, Desert, between Arizona and California, Southwest of Havasu Lake and Northwest of the Salton Sea, there's a railroad junction, a burnt-out gas station, and a bonafide shoe fence. Some of you may already know about the Shoe Fence in Waihola, New Zealand that my friend Mary Rose and I visited in 2007, but we had no idea that America had one of its own.
While exploring this phenomenon, Jay turns to me and says, "I really want to shoot a music video here."
"Right now?"
"Right now."
"What song?"
"I dunno...'Away To You'?"
"Why that one?"
"Well, it's kinda all about doing your thing no matter what..."
"...Like whether it's in front of 10,000 fans or in the middle of nowhere?"
"Yeah."
"Let's put on sunscreen and charge the camera."
I shot it, Jay's spent the last 24 hours editing it, and here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWAqyguy6zc
No comments:
Post a Comment